Press review July & August 2021
Every month, the Community of Practice publishes not one but TWO press reviews with the latest news and tools on Female Genital Mutilation – one with English material and one with French.
You can read the press reviews for July and August 2021 by clicking below.
Headlines of the English press review
- July – August Thematic Discussion: Law & FGM
- Anti-FGM Legislation in Africa: A (video) conversation with Equality Now
- Death of 13-year-old sparks call for action in Somalia
- Nigeria: UNICEF demands prosecution of perpetrators of FGM
- Medicare investigation indicates FGM in Australia
- ‘I am one of them’: The FGM survivor providing lifeline in LEEDS
- Critical Intersections: Anti-racism and female genital cutting
- UNFPA-UNICEF Research Digest: Issue 19 – July 2021
If you are a member of the CoP you will have received this press review (in your language) by email (check your “spams” if you can’t find it). Do you want to receive it in the other language of the CoP? No worries, just drop us an email!
Do you want to receive the press review by email and participate in the other activites of the CoP?
Read the latest newsletters here below
“The Community of Practice on Female Genital Mutilation” is part of the “Building Bridges between Africa and Europe to tackle FGM” project, supported by the “UNFPA-UNICEF Joint Programme on the Elimination of FGM”.
The project is coordinated by AIDOS in partnership with GAMS Belgium.
The views expressed on this website are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of the UNFPA, UNICEF or any other agency or organization.
© Copyright : GAMS Belgium