Press review May 2021
Every month, the Community of Practice publishes not one but TWO press reviews with the latest news and tools on Female Genital Mutilation – one with English material and one with French.
You can read the press reviews for May 2021 by clicking below.
Headlines of the English press review
- Closing of the CoP discussion on Male involvement in ending FGM
- Egypt Toughens Penalties for FGM: Activists Remain Sceptical
- FGM anti-women and anti-democracy
- The European Union Launches Two Projects Combatting Sexual and Gender-Based Violence and FGM in Somaliland
- Anita Abada’s Short Film on FGM, ‘Efun’, Wins Special Award at WHO Film Festival
- Female Genital Cutting: Caring for Patients Through the Lens of Health Care Equity
- Cohort Analysis of the State of Female Genital Cutting in Nigeria: Prevalence, Daughter Circumcision and ttitude towards its discontinuation
- Women’s Empowerment and FGM: A Multilevel Analysis of the Intention for Daughters in Sierra Leone
- AIDOS video : Collective Consensus and Harmful Norms
- First European Online Map on FGM
If you are a member of the CoP you will have received this press review (in your language) by email (check your “spams” if you can’t find it).
Do you want to receive the press review by email and participate in the other activites of the CoP? Join us by clicking here.
Read the latest newsletters here below
“The Community of Practice on Female Genital Mutilation” is part of the “Building Bridges between Africa and Europe to tackle FGM” project, supported by the “UNFPA-UNICEF Joint Programme on the Elimination of FGM”.
The project is coordinated by AIDOS in partnership with GAMS Belgium.
The views expressed on this website are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of the UNFPA, UNICEF or any other agency or organization.
© Copyright : GAMS Belgium