Press review June 2021
Every month, the Community of Practice publishes not one but TWO press reviews with the latest news and tools on Female Genital Mutilation – one with English material and one with French.
You can read the press reviews for June 2021 by clicking below.
Headlines of the English press review
- June Thematic Discussion: Intergenerational aspects of FGM
- Modou Lamin Davies: Men and our duty to speak up against FGM
- “I am a Female Genital Cutting/Mutilation survivor who’s finally having her #MeToo moment”
- Spotlight initiative: Traditional practitioners leave FGM for farming in Liberia
- EU-UN laments poor enforcement of FGM laws in Nigeria
- Intersections between Climate Change and FGM among the Maasai of Kajiado Country, Kenya
- Statement by Dr Natalia Kanem, Executive Director UNFPA, at a high-level panel on FGM
- Somalia’s Puntland Region takes major first step to ban FGM
If you are a member of the CoP you will have received this press review (in your language) by email (check your “spams” if you can’t find it).
Do you want to receive the press review by email and participate in the other activites of the CoP? Join us by clicking here.
Read the latest newsletters here below
“The Community of Practice on Female Genital Mutilation” is part of the “Building Bridges between Africa and Europe to tackle FGM” project, supported by the “UNFPA-UNICEF Joint Programme on the Elimination of FGM”.
The project is coordinated by AIDOS in partnership with GAMS Belgium.
The views expressed on this website are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of the UNFPA, UNICEF or any other agency or organization.
© Copyright : GAMS Belgium