Given the importance of a comprehensive approach to care, we have decided to dedicate the first year of the Community of Practice FGM (CoP FGM) to a discussion and a compilation of experiences and good practices on the psycho-sexual and social care of women and girls affected by FGM, living in Africa or Europe.
We have published a description of the Project Context here : « Towards a multidisciplinary support for women affected by FGM ».
- Different techniques and tools are used when dealing with trauma and sexual problems of women and girls affected by FGM. These techniques/tools depend on contexts, means, experiences, etc.;
- Professionals in health institutions and field organisations, as well as women affected by FGM can identify needs and gaps in the available care;
- An exchange of experiences can lead to new initiatives and innovative solutions.
The overall goal of this project is to generate knowledge about the situation of care for women affected by FGM in Europe and Africa (through an on-line survey), to share knowledge and good practices in order to create new synergies, and to draw up recommendations and proposals for interventions.
Different activities are planned as a part of this project.
One of the steps of this activity is to conduct a « mapping » of the initiatives, projects and multidisciplinary centres that support women and girls who have undergone FGM in a psycho-sexual setting, individually or collectively.
The result of this cartography will feature on the CoP’s blog and will be completed progressively.
- …work in a Centre (multidisciplinary or not) which offers support for women who have undergone FGM;
- …are the director or an officer of a project that aims to increase the well-being of girls/women affected by FGM;
- …are the director or officer of an organisation providing psychological, social and/or sexual support to girls or women affected by FGM ;
Please complete the survey!
The time required to complete the questionnaire is between 15 and 45 minutes.
You will be able to return to the survey again at a later stage.
If you know of any psycho-sexual support initiatives for girls/women affected by FGM in Europe or Africa please let know us or forward the link to the survey.
We are also interested in recent research on psycho-sexual and social consequences and on support for girls/women affected by FGM/C. If you have conducted or have knowledge of such a study, don’t hesitate to inform us via mail: firstname.lastname@example.org